Monday, December 13, 2010

Somebody needs a lesson in MGT3120

So I feel that certain professors need to take a lesson from our motivation chapter. Personally I have observed a certain Art professor that seems to not motivate her class effectively. McClelland would definitely agree with me that, the need for achievement is low. For myself and some of my peers, the workload is tiresome and profuse. Attendance is done at the exact time the class begins, not a minute later (this is a 4hr class). This is difficult for me especially because I live in Long Island and the commute is long already. Mastery of the complex Apple programs we learned is one impossible in the 3 month span of the semester but also difficult if you are not accustomed to a Mac.

Given all these restrictions and accumulated workload, motivation is difficult to maintain. Whether it be my faults or procrastination, either way the desire to do better has not been a priority to me. I am doing well in this class, probably averaging a B+ or A but the punishments (lateness drops you grades down) are definitely punishments that dont seem to get motivation stirring in a students mind, well at leas me. Nonetheless, the class is over and it to a degree has sparked my interest in the subject but that is in respects to this being my major also.

Maybe I do need more restriction in my life. Or maybe the approach my "leader" is using is disregarding my needs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment